Monday, May 13, 2013

Blog 24: Exit Interview Questions


(1) What is your essential question?  What is the best answer to your question and why?
  • EQ: What makes a prom successful?
  • Best answer:  Make every dollar count and involve as many peers in the planning process as you can in an effective way.
    • Why: Because I had the privilege to have a first-hand experience on what it is like to plan a prom and thanks to that I was able to see for myself how every dollar the prom committee and I spent could either help or affect our budget and our ideas.
2. What process did you take to arrive at this answer?
  • I arrived at this answer through my second Independent Component, which was planning the senior class prom. I was in charge of every committee that had to do with the event. There were committees such as prom committee, mask committee, starbucks committee, so on and so forth. I noticed that each committee required the use of money and a lot of help from my peers was needed. So through every committee I was able to see the importance of making every dollar count and involving as many peers in the planning process as you can in an effective way.
3. What problems did you face? How did you resolve them?
  • At first I was having trouble finding good information on my topic because everything I was finding was beginning to sound repetitive and it seemed like I was going no where with my research checks or with learning anything new about my topic for that matter. I resolved this problem by buying books that could possibly take my research in a different direction and that's where the book American Prom came up and helped me come up with my second answer and gave me a lot of insight on other peoples prom experiences.

4. What are the two most significant sources you used to answer your essential question and why?
  • Aaron Purther for my Independent Component 2 and the book American Prom because for both sources I was able to learn about first-hand prom experiences which can lead me to better answers because I could see for myself what works and what doesn't when planning a prom.

5. What is your product and why?
  • Becoming a stronger facilitator because running so many committees on a daily basis gave me a lot of practice and gave me a much better understanding of everything a facilitator is in charge of and responsible for.

No comments:

Post a Comment